Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Keeping Connected: Froyo and WIND

I am writing this through the connection provided via my mobile data network provided by WIND Mobile.

Currently, my normal DSL ISP’s routers is down, and I have no access to the internet.

I had to look up some information online and send some stuff out for tomorrow.

Normally, I would either just pack up and go to sleep as they are still trying to figure out how to solve the problem,

Or maybe keep power cycling my modem and my router until I get internet back.

But luckily, I don’t have to do that anymore. :-)

I have the unlimited Data plan with WIND and with Android 2.2, I am able to broadcast my mobile data connection like a wifi router to multiple devices.

It is a tad slower, probably because the network is congested.

And from what I read, there are some WIND unlimited data abusers out there that pull something like 118.56 Gigs a month.

“Fair usage” is 5 Gigs, and then it’s throttled beyond that.

I’d understand if it’s like 10 Gigs, but 100+, wow.

But I guess it just goes to show you that the system can still handle it, even with people pulling so much!

Anyways, now that stuff is sent and info is acquired, so I am going to sleep now.

All the best to the ISP tonight, keep up the good work!

Despite the outage, we know that you guys are doing everything you can to fix it and we appreciate it!

No comments: